Thursday, January 26, 2012

A little "quirk" in our plans

Well, Albuquerque has thrown a little "querq" (hahaha?) in our plans.  Two flat tires, a broken RV heater, and a falling apart car trailer have derailed our plans a bit and we are here for a while.  The dogs are loving the dog park and seem to think this is a nice adventure.  Watching them run, play, and enjoy the moment today with Jay gave me pause to think.  God knows the plans He has for us, we make them but they are foolish in his sight.  This little stopover today gave me a time to visit with a man about our age who lost his wife 9 years ago and I was able to listen to him talk and share about his love for this town and his wife.  He seemed genuinely pleased to have someone to talk to.  I got to thinking how many opportunities has God laid in my path that I rush on by without even noticing that just the simplest of things ... a kind and cheerful spirit ... can touch others and in turn, touch me in a way that only the Lord could plan.  I pray that I remember to just enjoy the moment like our doggies and to love where I am planted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment